- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty level: easy
- 8 servings
INGREDIENTS (Lentil Hummus):
- 450 ml of water
- 200 g of dried lentils
- 30 g of tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 15 g of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and cored)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- ½ tsp of black pepper
INGREDIENTS (Homemade whole wheat pita chips):
- 6 whole wheat pita bread
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbs salt
- ½ tbs garlic powder
- ½ tbs black pepper
- After the water is boiling, add the lentils and bring down the heat to low. Let it cook gently for 10-15 minutes until the lentils absorb all of the liquid.
- In a bowl, put the cooked lentils and all of the remaining ingredients and mix them in a food processor. Let it process until it is smooth and unified.
- Place the finished hummus in a bowl and top it off with some paprika and serve
Homemade whole wheat pita chips:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
- Cut the pita breads into triangular forms, making around 6-8 pieces per pita. Place them on parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
- Mix the extra virgin olive oil with the salt, garlic powder and pepper in a small bowl. With an oil brush, lightly spread the pita pieces with the olive oil mix.
- Oven-bake them for 10-12 minutes until they look golden and crispy.